Apple fritters with Hojiblanca olives
Vegan, dairy free
- 80 g of Hojiblanca black olives
- 100 g of sugar for caramel
- 60 g cashew nuts
- 300 g of sugar for syrup
- 150 g of water
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 250 g of tempura flour
- 3 ice cubes
- 500 g of green apple
- 500 g of wheat flour
- 1 l of frying oil
- 200 g rose sorbet
- Edible roses
1. Chop the Hojiblanca black olives into slices, leaving some to decorate.
2. In a frying pan put sugar over medium heat until obtaining a golden caramel, add the sliced Hojiblanca black olives, cashews and pour on a tray. Once cool cut into a powder with the help of a knife.
shallow fry the gobhi florets in same oil.
3. Make the syrup in a pot with the water and sugar, when it boils, add the rose water and set aside over low heat.
4. In a bowl put the tempura flour, a splash of water and ice. Mix until obtaining a light paste and set aside.
5. With an apple corer remove the centre of the apples and cut into slices with skin 1 cm thick. Pass the apples through the wheat flour, then through the tempura dough and fry in hot oil until lightly browned. Set aside on a paper towel (absorvent paper).
6. Once the apples have been drained from the oil, get the syrup and put on a plate. On one side put some Hojiblanca black olive caramel and powdered cashew nuts and on top a rose sorbet. Finish with a rose petal and a whole Hojiblanca black olive.