- Replace sugary salad toppings such as dried cranberries with olives, which are high in monounsaturated fat that can help you feel full.
- Top sandwiches with black or green olive tapenade to add flavour and healthy fat.
- Toss olives into salads made with grains, such as quinoa, farro, bulgur, rice or couscous to add rich flavour, a pop of colour and healthy fats.
- Incorporate olives into any pasta, fish, chicken or meat dish.
- Dry the olives in the oven at low temperature and eat them as a snack-chip. Once dried, chop them into croutons for salads or pastas. They don’t spoil and last for quite some time!
- Purée the olives to add to a mayonnaise or to spread on canapés or sandwiches.