Aubergine maghmour with Queen Olives
- 250 g Queen olives
- 600 g aubergine
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 450 g crushed tomato
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 250 g chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 3 fresh green chilli peppers in slices
- Olive oil
1. Chop around 6 olives into slices. Leave the rest whole.
2. Slice the aubergines in half. Use a knife to cut diamond shapes on the insides. Place on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and bake for 35 minutes at 180 ºC.
3. Once the aubergines are baked, chop and place in a bowl.
4. In a pot with a drizzle of oil, sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Add the crushed tomato, cumin, sweet paprika, red chilli powder, and mint. Sauté for 15 minutes and add the chickpeas. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the aubergines and whole olives and a little water. It should have the consistency of a stew, not too liquid or too dry. Cook for 25 minutes.
6. Serve the stew in a soup bowl. Finish off with some sliced chilli peppers and sliced olives.