Baingan and olive bharta
- 1pc Eggplant (roasted and mashed)
- 30ml Pure Olive Oil
- 1pc Onions sliced
- 30pcs Spanish green olives
- 10g Ginger garlic paste
- 5g Garam masala
- 2pcs Tomatoes diced
- 2pcs Green chilies chopped
- 20g Corriander chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Place eggplant on a medium baking sheet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and chop.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in cumin seeds and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
4. Mix ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, Spanish green olives and tomato into the saucepan, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in yogurt. Mix in eggplant and jalapeno pepper, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 10 minutes over high heat.
5. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking about 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with cilantro to serve.