Butternut squash with Hojiblanca olives
Dairy free, Vegan, gluten free
- 90 g of Hojiblanca black olives
- 1 k of peeled butternut squash in 1 x 1 cm cubes
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of ginger cut julienned
- 5 green chilies cut julienned
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons of grated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of V.E Olive oil
1. Chop the Hojiblanca black olives into slices, setting aside some whole to marinate.
2. Peel the orange and cut the wedges without their skin with the help of the knife. Marinate in a bowl with olive oil, salt and the whole Hojiblanca black olives.
shallow fry the gobhi florets in same oil.
3. Steam the pumpkin for 15 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat add olive oil, mustard seeds, cumin and toast for a few seconds. Add the ginger, green chili and sliced Hojiblanca black olives. After a couple of minutes add the cooked pumpkin, coconut milk, grated coconut and salt. Cover and lower the heat to a minimum, cook for 5 minutes.
5. In a bowl or deep plate serve our stew and finish with some orange wedges and whole Hojiblanca black olives.