Chickpea dhokla with Manzanilla Olives
- 150 g pitted green Manzanilla olives
- 1.5 cup chickpea flour
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 280 ml water
- 20 ml peanut oil
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 6 g Royal baking powder
- 200 g mango chutney
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley
- Skewers or toothpicks
1. Keep a third of the olives whole and chop the rest into slices.
2. Mix the chickpea flour, salt, sugar, and turmeric in a bowl. Mix with the water, peanut oil, and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. When the time is up, add the chopped olives and royal yeast. Mix well and pour the mixture into a greased mould.
4. In a pot big enough for the mould, add two cups of water and a separator so that the mould does not touch the bottom of the pot. Once boiling, put the mould in and cover it. Cook in a bain-marie over medium heat for 20 minutes. After the time has elapsed, remove, and let stand for 1 hour.
5. Cut the Dhokla into cubes. Can be served with mango chutney. Sprinkle with coriander and skewer each cube with an olive.