Kulfi with almonds and saffron with Manzanilla Olives
- 80 g pitted green Manzanilla olives
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 200 ml milk
- 125 g yoghurt
- 100 g condensed milk
- A few strands of saffron
- 40 g sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 4 ice cream sticks
- 1 ice cream popsicle mould
1. Dice the olives into small pieces.
2. Mix the cornflour with a splash of cold milk to dilute.
3. In a small hot pot add saffron strands, milk, yoghurt, condensed milk, and sugar. Bring to boil.
4. Add the cornflour diluted in milk and thicken the mixture, stirring with a whisk.
5. Once texture is achieved, add the almonds and olives. Remove from heat and fill the moulds. Let cool, put a stick in each popsicle mould and place in the freezer for 12 hours.
6. Take the moulds out of the freezer and unmould. Place the ice cream on a serving platter and garnish with some whole olives.