Macher Johl Manzanilla Olives
- 250 g whole Manzanilla olives
- 150 g sliced Manzanilla olives
- 1.5 k of white fish like a seabass, in loins without bones and with skin
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 150 g potato
- 200 g cauliflower
- 250 g eggplant
- 400 g onion paste
- 200 g tomato paste
- 4 u whole green chili
- ½ tsp ground red chili
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 100 g olive water
1. Marinate the fish on the meat side with turmeric and salt for 1 hour.
2. In hot oil, fry the fish on the skin side until crisp. Set aside.
3. In a frying pan, sauté the chopped vegetables and reserve. In the same pan add the onion and tomato paste, add the chilies, turmeric, cumin, and the vegetables. Cover with the water from the olives. Boil for 5 minutes and add the fish to cook completely, about 8 to 10 minutes approx.
4. In a plate put a base of vegetables, on top the fish with the skin up and finish with sliced and whole olives on top.