Mint and Olive pilaf with potatoes
- 30ml Pure Olive Oil
- 1pc Onion, thinly sliced
- 1pc Potato, peeled and cut dices
- 10g Ginger, chopped
- 20g Mint leaves, chopped
- 1pc Green chili, chopped
- 150g Basmati rice, soaked, rinsed and drained
- 300ml Water
- Salt to taste
- 15g Cumin seeds, toasted and crushed coarsely
- 15pcs Spanish sliced black Olives
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion until brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Add the potato, Spanish sliced black Olives, ginger, half the mint, and the green chili and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes
3. Add the rice and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the water and the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover the pan, and cook until the rice is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and let the rice rest for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle the roasted cumin and the remaining mint leaves on top, and serve.