Poha with manzanilla olives
Dairy free, Gluten free, Vegan
- 60 g of Manzanilla olives
- 400 g poha
- 50 ml olive oil
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ small red onion, cut julienned
- ¼ small red onion, minced
- 40 g of almonds
- 7 green chilies cut julienned
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp minced fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 u of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
1. Wash the rice in plenty of water for a couple of minutes, not too long. Strain and set aside in a bowl covered with a cloth.
2. In a bowl put the Manzanilla olives, olive oil and the chopped red onion, leaving the rest for the sauce. Also add the red chili powder and a pinch of salt. Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Make the sauce in a deep-frying pan or small pot with a drizzle of olive oil and adding the cumin. After a few seconds add the red onion, the green chilies. When the vegetables are tender, add the turmeric, almonds and the rice. Also add sugar, salt and mix everything. Cook together for 2 minutes covered.
4. After some time uncover and pour the lemon and coriander juice. Mix and remove from the fire to serve.
5. In a plate put the rice with Manzanilla olives. To decorate finish with some marinated Manzanilla olives, more chopped cilantro if you wish and serve.