Spanish pimento olive tawa masala
- 1pc Onion chopped
- 1pc Red bell peppers chopped
- 3pcs Tomatoes chopped
- 15g Garlic
- 15g Ginger
- 1pc Green chili chopped
- 5g Ajwain
- 5g Corriander powder
- 2g Red chilli powder
- 2g Turmeric powder
- 5g Garam masala powder
- 20g Butter
- 5g Kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 20g Corriander chopped
- 15pcs Spanish pimento olives
1. Finely chop the onions and capsicum/green bell pepper.
2. Roughly chop the tomatoes, green chili, ginger and garlic.
3. Crush the ginger and garlic in a mortar-pestle to a paste.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes in a blender and make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
5. Melt butter on a tawa or skillet.
6. Add the ajwain and fry them for a few seconds or till aromatic.
7. Add the onions and saute till translucent.
8. Add the green chilies, finely chopped bell pepper and saute for about 3 minutes.
9. Then add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
10. Stir and saute for about a minute.
11. Then add the tomato puree and salt.
12. Stir well and saute till you see butter releasing from the sides and the masala has thickened a bit. this takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
13. If the tomato masala looks dry, then add 1 or 2 tbsp of water and continue to saute.
14. Add the Spanish pimento olives then add the crushed kasuri methi. stir very well and switch off the flame.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.