Stuffed pao with Hojiblanca olives
Dairy free, Vegan.
- 60 g of Hojiblanca black olives
- 500 g of wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 200 ml of room temperature water
- 100 g of white poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 8 green chilies, chopped
- 50 g of chopped hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 50 ml of olive oil V.E
1. Chop half of the Hojiblanca black olives into very small pieces and the other half into slices.
2. In a bowl put the wheat flour, salt, sugar, yeast and mix. Add the water little by little and stir until you get a homogeneous mass. Let it rest in another clean bowl with a little olive oil and cover it with film paper, at room temperature, for 2 to 3 hours to ferment.
shallow fry the gobhi florets in same oil.
3. In a small pot put the poppy seeds, turmeric and add water to cook for 20 minutes. After some time drain and set aside in a bowl to which you will add the chopped olives, hazelnuts, chilies and coriander.
4. When the dough is fermented make individual rolls of about 30 to 40 grams. In the centre fill it with the mixture of poppy, turmeric and olives. Close the bun carefully so that the filling does not come out and decorate with some sliced olives on its surface. Set aside for a second fermentation of 2 hours.
5. After the two hours, cook the buns in a steamer over boiling water for 20 minutes. Once cooked, set aside on a tray. This dough will last up to 24 hours.
6. At the time of eating, fry in a pan with olive oil and brown on all sides. Set aside and season them with salt.