vegetables samosas with manzanilla Olives
- 100 g chopped Manzanilla olives
- 300 g cooked and mashed potatoes
- 100 g chopped carrots
- 100 g peas
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground dried chili
- 1 tsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 250 g flour
- ½ tsp Ajwain seeds
- 200 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Make the dough in a bowl with the flour, Ajwain seeds, salt, warm water and vegetable oil. Knead well until integrated and let it rest for 30 minutes. Then form a curler with the dough and cut into small pieces, make balls and stretch with a rolling pin. Cut the dough balls in half to form the samosas.
2. In a frying pan, toast the cumin and coriander seeds and reserve. Add a splash of oil, the mashed potatoes, peas and chopped carrots. Add the roasted seeds and the spices: turmeric, chilli and cumin. Do this until the mixture is soft. At the end add sliced Manzanilla olives, chopped coriander and mix. Add salt to taste, remove and let cool to form the samosas.
3. Form the samosas by putting a little filling on the bottom of the dough and folding into triangles. Once finished, fry them in hot oil until golden, remove to serve.
4. Plate the samosas on a tray and decorate them with some whole green olives between them.